Point 1. Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, phone number, name, surname). We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
When we talk about “Personal Information” in the Policy, we are talking both about Device Information and Order Information.
Point 2. How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, your order information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally the above mentioned Order Information we use to:
- Communicate to you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse, use and interact with the site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
By subscribing to CHISELL text notifications, you agree to receive automated marketing text messages from us about our products and services at the phone number you provided when you subscribed, and that the messages may be sent via automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Message frequency is recurring. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to opt-out and HELP for customer support. You may receive an additional text message confirming your decision to opt-out. You understand and agree that attempting to opt-out by any means other than texting the opt-out commands above is not a reasonable means of opting out.
Point 3. Legal grounds for processing personal information
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you;
- explicit consent that you have given purchasing or using our webpage;
- legal obligations.
Point 4. Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
- For example, we use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how WordPress uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- And we use Woocommerce to handle our orders - you can read more about how Woocommerce uses your Personal Information here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/marketplace-privacy/.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- We use Stripe to power our sales - you can read more about how Stripe handles your Personal Information here: https://stripe.com/privacy-center/legal.
- We use Paypal for sales and transactional purposes - you can read more about Paypal Personal Information handling here: https://www.paypal.com/lv/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We would like to send you email marketing communication which may be of interest to you from time to time. If you have consented to marketing, you may opt-out later.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrants or other lawful requests for information we receive, to otherwise comply or protect our rights.
Point 5. Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
We disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of project administrators, employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that need to know that information in order to process your order or to provide services available through Chisell.eu, and that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of our home country; by using and placing an order on Chisell.eu, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
Point 6. Your rights
If you are a European resident we note that we are processing your Personal Information in order to fulfil contractual obligations we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Point 7. Data retention
When you place an order through the site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We will retain your personal information on our systems only for as long as we need to, for the success of our project and the order fulfilment. We keep contact information (such as mailing list information) until a user requests that we delete that information from our live systems. If you choose to request deletion of their information, we may keep certain limited information about you so that we may honour your request.
We will not delete personal data from logs or records necessary to the operation, development, or archives.
When deletion is requested or otherwise required, we will anonymise the data of data subjects and/or remove their information if the deletion of data would break essential systems or damage the logs or records necessary to the operation, development, or archival records of Chisell.
Point 9. Contact us
For more information about our privacy practices or wish to exercise any of your rights mentioned above or if you have questions and/or you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using details provided below:
Robert Koch Str. 8